Salicylic Acid for Hair Loss

Hello visitor! Thank you for taking the time to read this article.



I was having lunch with my Dad one afternoon when he mentioned a product he was using had stopped his hair loss. A few weeks earlier, he was having a little problem with dandruff and decided to see a dermatologist about it. This doctor recommended an over the counter product called "Scalpicin" to help control his flaking. After a few weeks of usage my Dad could find little to no hairs in the brush he regularly used. He knew this would be of interest to me since I was having my own struggles with keeping my hair.

After using this product myself for a few weeks, I notice my scalp was feeling healthier, my hair became softer and the fallout had slowed considerably. I was shocked. Up to this point I had tried many products, both prescription and natural, in my search for a product that would stop my hair loss. On looking into this further, I found that the active ingredient responsible for this wonder is called by the name of "Salicylic Acid".

Now this is as technical as this short writing will get, but "Salicylic Acid" is what they call a beta-hydroxy acid derived from the bark of the willow tree. Salix is Latin for willow tree. It is chemically similar to the active ingredient of aspirin, and has been used as an anti-inflammatory since ancient times. It exfoliates layers of dead skin, causing the cells of the skin to shed more readily and prevent pores from clogging up. It is often used in commercial lotions to treat acne, psoriasis, calluses, corns and warts. Because of its effects on skin cells, Salicylic Acid is also used in several shampoos used to treat dandruff. Neutrogena T-Sal is a very popular example.

After having used this product for over a year now, I am of the opinion that the salicylic acid found in Scalpicin will not block the DHT your body produces but is excellent in keeping your scalp clean. I have gone back to shedding again, although much less before using Scalpicin. Having said that, I have found nothing as effective as this product for maintaining a clean and healthy scalp. This product has also served to help my anti DHT product better absorb into my scalp. It can be purchased at any major chain store for about . a bottle. That's a pretty good deal for the money.

Another little gem I have found after dumping so much money into so called "hair loss shampoo", is Walgreen's own T+Plus 3% Salicylic Acid Shampoo. This is one of the best shampoos I have found, and I have tried a lot of them. It is also very reasonable at only around . a bottle. Give them a try; you will be glad you did.


Receive help from troubling skin conditions with the best acne products and treatments.






Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment